Chiropractor Dr. Byron Jackson is helping me with sports recovery and maintenance. He practices in Atlanta and Kennesaw, Georgia, USA
- Author of Think Large I Dare You™and The Way I Did: Lose Weight & Look Great Naturally™, Fitness/Performance Specialist, Educator, Speaker, Nutrition Consultant & Former 2-Time NCAA Football National Champion
The Asian Weightlifting Championships was held in Pyeongtaek, South Korea, April 2012
- Social Vision donated towards my trip, helping me cover the remainder not collected from donations and apparel proceeds. Approximately $6000
- Dr. Susan Kaiser, a Professor in Women and Gender Studies at the University of California in Davis has donated $100. She is writing a book; Fashion and Cultural Studies, to be published by Berg in London in late 2012 or early 2013. It will contain a picture of me competing and will include my story, as she explains “as a brief case study of the interplay between identity/agency and cultural regulation– and how individual agency and identity issues can successfully challenge cultural regulation of style-fashion-dress.”
- My good friend from high school, Mary Lewis has donated $25. She owns a business; Just Bead It! which specializes in handcrafted beaded jewelry and hair accessories. My friend from my undergrad days at UCF, Saadia Qureshi, donated $20.
- A gift of $27 from a brother who wishes to remain anonymous. And another brother donated $250 with the same wish.
- Alix Floyd a fellow weightlifter at SAP Gym in Seoul, Korea (she is originally from Texas) donated $140. She is going to attend the games and watch me compete!
- My fellow Crossfit Atlanta gym members: Leeanna Lim $100, Leslie Kali Eason $50 & Dan Antonelli $20, Kenley Osborne $20
- Athletic Edge Sports Massage She has known & sponsored me for over one year (still does) and can be contacted as a reference
- Loren Williams, from Decatur, Georgia, USA donated $25
The following donated to my World Weightlifting Championships Nov 5-11th 2011
The World Weightlifting Championships Nov 5-11th 2011, was in Paris, France. I received donations from the Toronto, Canada community that completely covered my trip expenses, such as airfare, hotel, food, transportation, competition clothing needs. I greatly appreciated the support and well wishes. I would not have expected that grass roots efforts would gotten me there.
IFT – Islamic Foundation of Toronto
$5000 was donated by the IFT on behalf of the community. I was invited to their 2011 Annual Appreciation Dinner October 16, 2011 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. They gave me the honor of speaking to the attendees. Everyone was very welcoming, encouraging and supportive of my efforts. After only meeting me once, they all have generously donated to my competition efforts. I greatly appreciated this help.
Team Mushtaq Sayed “Realtors with a Personal Touch”
Cell: 416-994-8786 Direct: 416-849-3497
Mushtaq Sayed & his family donated $500. They spoke to me at the banquet, were very supportive and kind.
301-1825 Markham Road
Scarborough, ONM1B 4Z9
The following donated to my Senior USA Weightlifting Nationals competition (July 15, 2011)